From February 2008, a PDF version of this magazine will be offered to subscribers, in addition to, or instead of, the printed-on-paper version. (For the cost of these options visit the subscriptions page.) For each issue the PDF file will be sent to subscribers by e-mail on the same day that the printed magazine is mailed via Australia Post.
The PDF version offers advantages which may be useful to some subscribers. These advantages are mainly synonymous with the Portable Document Format (PDF) invented by the Adobe Systems company.
The advantages include:-
- Displays the document exactly as the author intended; exactly the same as the printed page version - no worry about fonts or graphics or layout;
- Facility to display the document pages larger if required ( - good for small print!);
- Page by page navigation, or smooth scrolling, or jump to a specific page;
- 'Bookmarks' linking quickly to each major article or section;
- Pages can be rotated 90 degrees for easier reading if required;
- Powerful facility to search for specific words and phrases in the document and quickly display the pages on which they are found;
- Web page addresses and email addresses on a page are enabled as ‘hot links’ so that a ‘click’ of your mouse takes you to that destination on the Internet without re-typing the address.
Note: Each PDF file is relatively large (about 1.4 to 1.9 MBytes) and may take a considerable time to reach your computer unless you have a broadband Internet connection.
Your PC must have the Adobe Reader program loaded to read a PDF file. It is a free progarm and if you need to get a copy, or update to the latest version, please 'Click' on the Adobe icon here to go directly to their web site: and then follow the simple instructions there.
Before thinking about subscribing, try some of the PDF versions of previous issues of the magazine stored on this web site.
After February 2008, subscribers to the PDF version will have four months exclusive access to each issue, before it is added to the stock of previous issues on this web site. For example, the Feb 2008 issue PDF will not be stored on the web site until the June 2008 issue has been distributed.
© Copyright 2004-2008 NSW Assemblies Evangelistic Mission
This page updated in January 2008